With its deep sea green, Robert Oster Crystal Marine brings a whole new dimension to your writing experience. Whether you're a seasoned pen enthusiast or just starting your ink journey, you'll find something truly remarkable in the depths of Crystal Marine.
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 20+ seconds – This ink dries in a relatively timely manner but may not be good for quick notes where the page will be turned quickly.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – This ink does not have any staying power when water is introduced, expect it to smear and dissipate.
- Medium-High – Due to the shimmer and sheen this is a pretty saturated color. The biggest difference is between swab 1 to 2.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Low – With shimmer and sheen Crystal Marine is a bit harder to fully clean from a pen since it
- Medium – Crystal Marine has quite a bit of shading due to the shimmer as well as the green to blue and red sheen, this is most noticeable on the loops and cross strokes in letters.
- Wet – Considering the shimmer and sheen this ink is relatively smooth and has a good even flow to the paper.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Robert Oster Signature Inks are handmade in Australia. The recyclable PET bottles are manufactured in Australia's first carbon neutral plastics plant.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Robert Oster's "Crystal Marine" is an enchanting ink that truly sets your writing to sea with vibrant hues through it's shimmer and sheen. Its rich color and smooth flow make it a delightful choice for fountain pen enthusiasts and artists alike.
This color is available in 50ml bottles as well as our ink samples.