Ferris Wheel Press is at it again with Hampton Harbour Sage. This soft green with bright silver shimmer leaves a lovely matte shimmer on the page. Read on for our review.
- LAMY safari with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 10 seconds – A relatively fast dry time from this ink. It's not particularly fast but it's certainly not slow. It shouldn't give you any issues with most paper and nib sizes
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Medium – Surprisingly, the swab of water across the writing removed some shimmer and some color but a decent amount of the lines stayed put! The drips removed a large portion but did not result in a messy splotch of green.
- Low – This is a pretty light-colored ink and without the shimmer it would be a very light one. Overall it's just dark enough to be legible and is very easy on the eyes.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Low – Shimmer can always be a bit of a pain! It wasn't too bad to get it out of the pen but it took a little bit of extra water
- Medium – While this is a very light ink, you do get some shading from the darker pooled areas. The shimmer adds a bit more dimension as well.
- Low – Quite a dry ink but not so much as to make it unpleasant in use. surprisingly, the shimmer flows just fine with the drier flow so overall the ink is quite pleasant.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Ferris Wheel Press ink bottles and their packaging are a thing of beauty. Designed to resemble a pocket-watch the glass bottle features custom art work with a signature hexagonal brass cap. The outer box has the aesthetics of vintage perfume packaging, too. The neck is narrow so using an ink syringe may help to get the best fill for your pen.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Ferris Wheel Press Hampton Harbour Sage is an impressive ink. It can burst out with beautiful pastel shimmer or feel much more relaxed with its soft tones and gentle shading. This is one of the nicest light green inks we've tested in quite some time and we hope you love it!